In my previous blog, we spoke of Second Life and Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs). These days the most common open source platform used for it is Simulation Linked Object Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment (SLOODLE). SLOODLE is a free and open source project which integrates the multi-user virtual environments of Second Life® and/or OpenSim with the Moodle®. Using Sloodle, you can:
· Upload presentations in Moodle, and have them displayed in Second Life with the Sloodle Presenter
· Create quizzes in Moodle, and have students complete them in Secondlife using Sloodle quiz chairs, and the all new Sloodle Scoreboard!
· Create and award points on your scoreboard for quizzes and role-play activities.
· Submit homework assignments in Second Life, and grade them using the Moodle Gradebook
· Distribute Virtual items to the class using a web based interface.
· Record and bridge Student / Teacher chat sessions in Second Life and have these automatically archived in Moodle Chat